From: Jens Maurer (jmaurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-08 10:05:40

Maarten Keijzer wrote:
[NaN issues]

Thanks for all the information. Thus, MSVC should set
std::numeric_limits<double>::has_signaling_NaN to "false",
since it doesn't really have it as a representable value.

> (and just as a sidenote: I found this strange behaviour as
> interval_test.cpp checks sqrt in the range [-1,2]. All sqrts on this range
> give NaN's as they should, but I don't think this is a proper test of sqrt,
> maybe add another test for the range [0, 2]?)

Note that, as shipped, interval_test.cpp tests sqrt with all possible
intervals in [-1, 10] with step 0.1, so [2, 5] is included as well as
[0, 2].

Jens Maurer