From: Kevin Atkinson (kevinatk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-13 10:30:57

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Andrew D Jewell wrote:

> While I'm on my soap box, I would like to strongly agree with the
> LACK of "array" options like shared_array. The same effect can be
> much more clearly and safely achieved with shared_ptr< vector<> > or
> some such.

With the way I separated out the "delete" function (and also the "clone"
and "assign" function although for shared_ptr it is not necessary) you can
easily define one for an array which needs to be deleted with delete[].
There are times when you want a raw array and not a vector.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk_at_[hidden]
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/