From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-17 08:34:28

In message <B4F798EE.2F23%abrahams_at_[hidden]>, Dave Abrahams
<abrahams_at_[hidden]> writes
>We don't currently prohibit users from writing their own forward
>declarations, and I see no reason we should. Let's save ourselves some
>trouble and not fix what ain't broke.

That is one POV. Not a very user-centric one, but a POV nonetheless :->

However, I was thinking that given that one of the aims of Boost is to
explore library interfaces and practices which may be appropriate as
prior art for future standards, leading by example would be a good
thing.

The physical structure of a system is just as much a part of the
interface presented to the user as the logical structure of what is
contained within -- something that Boost is clearly focused on. This is
not whether or not something is broken, but whether or not it could work
better -- obviously, one may have little extra "trouble" to go to :-}

  Kevlin Henney Curbralan Ltd
  kevlin_at_[hidden] +44 (0) 7801 073 508