From: Miki Jovanovic (miki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-18 11:24:56

dave abrahams <abraham-_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Maybe we should just have an optional template parameter which
> turns on conversion to T*.

OK, people, I see that there are strong feelings both ways. So. lets
get practical. Lets see a show of hands that a default smart pointer
will have conversion like:

operator const void*() const throw() { return ptr; }

And with the BOOST_SMART_PTR_CONVERSION define it would upgrade cast to
the more dangerous, but sometimes required:

operator T*() const throw() { return ptr; }

As Dave said, this seems like a compromise satisfactory to all.

Cheers,

Miki.