From: bruhwile_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-04-24 19:17:21

Hello all,

I just joined this list, and I wanted to let you know about a
suite of C++ class libraries for nonlinear optimization that I've
been developing at Tech-X Corp.

Tech-X Corporation has released Version 1.0-alpha-3 of our C++
class libraries for nonlinear optimization. The OptSolve++
optimization libraries provide a convenient and extensible
interface for rapid nonlinear optimization of user-specified
functions.

With this release, the OptSolve++ class libraries are now free
for noncommercial use and are provided with full source code.

A gzip'd tar-ball can be downloaded from our web site at URL
  http://www.techxhome.com/products/optsolve

The package comes with a configure script that should build correct
Makefile's on any Unix or GNU/Linux system. We are supporting
the following OS/compiler combinations:

AIX: gcc2.95
DECUNIX: KAI++ kcc3.4 , Compaq cxx6.1 and gcc2.95
GNU/Linux-ix86: KAI++ kcc3.4 and gcc2.95
GNU/Linux-alpha: gcc2.95
GNU/Linux-ppc: gcc2.95
HPUX: HP aC++ A.03.13 and gcc2.95
IRIX: MIPSpro CC7.2 (n32 ABI) and gcc2.95
Solaris: Workshop (Forte') C++ CC5.0 and gcc2.95
UNICOS: KAI++ kcc3.4

Now that gcc2.95 has been out for a while, we are no longer
supporting egcs1.0 and egcs1.1; however, you could get either
of these versions working on most OS's with some effort.

We expect that KAI's kcc compiler will work fine on all platforms
supported by KAI. Above, I have only listed the platforms for
which we have tested kcc ourselves.

Cheers,
David