From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-06 12:39:55

on 5/6/00 6:56 AM, John Maddock at John_Maddock_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> Comments? Suggestions? Reports of how other projects are dealing
>> with the problem?
>
> Sounds like a sound policy, however, I think we should avoid too many
> proposals at once, how about if there was a "discussion of the week/month",
> something like "we're going to consider library X this week/month, can
> everyone please download xxx.zip and take a look". If there are too many
> suggestions going forward at once then I worry that maybe no one will look
> at any of them.

I like Beman's general approach. I also agree with John that too many
simultaneous libs under consideration could pose problems. Additionally, we
need some way to deal with the large backlog of submissions which we
currently have pending.

Maybe we should declare a moratorium on new submissions until we can deal
with 90% of what's in the vault.

I think another essential thing will be a submission status page which
briefly describes what's been submitted and whether it's currently under
review, etc.

-Dave