From: Moore, Paul (paul.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-15 04:07:07

From: John Maddock [mailto:John_Maddock_at_[hidden]]

> Yep it works very well with C++ Builder, but fails to compile
> with g++. (As an asside its well worthwhile downloading a copy
> of the mingwin port of gcc, used with -pedantic -ansi -Wall
> options it acts as a good sanity check)

I've never got mingw to "do the right thing" with "fancy" C++ like the Boost
stuff, mainly because of the obscene std:: hacks (which effectively seem to
make the std namespace not exist). Can you give me any pointers as to how to
get it working? In particular, I can't get my rational library to work
properly with mingw (and I don't think it's a problem with my code :-).

Specifically, there's no <limits>, and boost/operators.hpp gives "no class
template named 'iterator' in 'std'" !!! [Plus a warning about friend
templates, which may be because GCC doesn't support them - anyone know?]

Thanks,
Paul.