From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-30 05:39:07

> Hi, Dave!
>
> If you decide that new version of operators.hpp indeed needs to be
formally
> reviewed, I'll request that review in a week or so. In case if you decide
> just to send the fixes to Beman, I will be glad to take off some of tasks
> (e.g. updating the documentation) from your shoulders - just let me know.
>
> -Alexy

Wonderful! please do the documentation part. I'm looking for the following
in that department:
1. A clear explanation of the size optimization issue we're solving
2. A clear explanation of the backward-compatibility issue we're solving
3. A clear description of the new usage
4. A clear statement that the old usage with two arguments is discouraged
5. A clear explanation (in the code) of the mechanisms we use to solve the
backward-compatibility issue.

Have I made myself, er, clear?

I will test both old and new usages against my current codebase which uses
operators.hpp. Once they pass, I will formally submit the code to Beman.

Regards,
Dave