From: Hendrik Schober (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-31 11:06:02

> Hello,
>
> Fair enough. A Singleton is certainly worthwhile. It's just a matter of
> how far to go. What is the answer to thread safety?
>
> Is it documentation, caveat emptor? Is it #define BOOST_MT? Is it policy
> abstraction in the code?

  The #define is what I use for MT/None-MT. If it isn't defined all
  my MT stuff expands into empty inline functions which the optimizer
  should take care of.
  I don't think clients who don't need thread safety should pay for it.

> Is it worth worrying about? Should Boost care about this?

  There's quite a few applications which won't be able to use the
  boost lib without a minimum of thread safety.

> [...]
> matt.

  Schobi