From: Branko Èibej (branko.cibej_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-31 11:46:56

I've put a revised version of the singleton class into the vault
(folder singleton). The interface is completely different, based
on the many ideas and examples that came up in the discussions in
the last few weeks; thanks, everyone!

This implementation is still not thread safe (although it should
be easy to make it so), but it does have a few other nice features:

    - supports singleton class hierarchies and derived singletons;
    - guarantees destruction of the singleton instance;
    - provides a mechanism to explicitly define the destruction
      order of singletons.

There's still no documentation (sorry, sorry), but there are a few
test cases in the tests folder that show intended usage. I tested
with MSVC++ and (very) recent versions of g++.

Again, any feedback would be much appreciated.

    Brane

--
Branko Èibej                 <branko.cibej_at_[hidden]>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia