From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-04 19:51:52

At 09:37 PM 6/3/00 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:

>Is MSVC compatibility so important? (I tried. I really tried.)

On one hand, we want boost code to actually be used. That means we
prefer low-level code (like the utility and smart pointer libraries)
to run on popular compilers. Higher level code we like to run on as
many compilers as possible. but...

If it just isn't possible for a library to run on VC++ without
ruining the design or the readability of the code, then we just move
on. Maybe VC++ 7.0 (beta due in a month or two) will make the issue
moot.

I'm more worried about resolving conflicts or overlaps between boost
libraries. We need to have a reasonable policy for dealing with that
issue.

--Beman