From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-06 16:55:45

> Am I being dense or is g++ void of <limits>? A guy (Linux/g++) I work
> with is using some of my (MSVC)code which in turn uses cast.hpp. We
> ended up having to #ifdef out numeric_cast.

This is the older version of the C++ library for gcc. There's a newer
version that's imminent that fixes this and many other problems. I believe
stlport also addresses this somehow.

> Also, on g++ due to legacy reasons stringstream is called strstream. Is
> this a screw-the-non-conforming-implementation situation?

std::strstream is a different class, from the header <strstream>.
std::stringstream is in <sstream>. This header is missing from this older
version of the C++ library.

    -- Darin