From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-14 16:46:52

Beman Dawes wrote:
> The final version of the library will be posted on boost.org as soon
> as received from Jens.

I've sent my release version to Beman. It incorporates most
suggestions from the review, in particular the uniform_on_sphere
interface change and the max()-is-exclusive-for-floating-point
change.

The following items are not included, but may be in a future
version of the library:

 - Identification mechanism for the distribution type
   (is an enum really enough? don't we need to get at the
   parameters as well? code example where an enum is really
   useful?) Workaround: Make yourself a non-intrusive traits
   class which is (partially) specialized for the relevant
   distributions.

 - More generators, including a floating-point lagged fibonacci
   one (extremely fast).

 - Compile-time constant dimension for uniform_on_sphere
   (particularly useful if specialized for 3 dimensions)

 - Tutorial

I have removed the "random" directory in the boost "files"
section for now.

Thank you for your co-operation and support.

Jens Maurer