From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-15 02:42:18

From: Dave Abrahams <abrahams_at_[hidden]>
> Can you propose a procedure for doing that?

Unfortunately not. I now note that the documentation doesn't
mention my compiler, so I guess I wasn't using something that was
in any sense supported anyway. But it did work...

Perhaps we need to identify "champions" for as many platforms
as we can. Then for the future these people could report back
on the compatibility of each library with their platform (perhaps
as part of the review process, or after major changes) and each
library's documentation could have a reasonably comprehensive
compatibility table.

As long as the library author provides a comprehensive test suite,
and as long as the champion is only expected to report back a
success/failure rather than take responsibility for making it work,
it shouldn't be too time consuming a task.

I'm happy to do this sort of thing for BCB4 and BCC5.5.

Mark