From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-17 19:25:42

From: John E. Potter <jpotter_at_[hidden]>

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Mark Rodgers wrote:
> > I definitely think that a boost::identity is a good idea. If folks
think
> > functional.hpp is the appropriate place, I'm more than happy to include
> > it. And what about project1st/project2nd and select1st/select2nd?
>
> Yes to all! Is that std::identity or boost::identity? The latter is
> much better. It's too easy to get SGIi[sz]ed. :)

It would definitely be boost::identity, etc. This would be a
reasonably major change, and one which shift the focus slightly, from
improved versions of the standard containers to (possibly improved)
common extensions.

I suggest we see how the comments go. If the library is accepted, I
propose making the minor changes suggested (e.g. by Jens Maurer) for
the submission file. I would then add boost::identity, project1st,
etc to a version in the vault so that it could be discussed further.

Mark