From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-19 04:40:47

> No, I have no better ideas than the one you've proposed. Let me know
> how it works out; I'd like to get borland compatibility to work.

Yes it works, but I also needed to apply it to operators and operators2,
i.e., stick them in the global namespace and import them into boost via
inheritance. :-(

Anyway, I now have a version of operators.hpp, config.hpp and
operators_test.cpp that work with both BCB4 and BCC5.5. I'll tidy them
up and upload them to the vault shortly.

Another problem I had was in the explicit instantiations in
operators_test. BCC5.5 didn't like

  template Wrapped1<int>;

  Error E2505 operators_test.cpp 288: Explicit instantiation requires an
  elaborated type specifier (i.e., "class foo<int>")

So it prefers

  template class Wrapped1<int>;

Unfortunately, MSVC doesn't seem to like the latter.

Mark