From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-18 15:03:02

The using declarations that bring such names in from the global namespace
are a workaround for a very specific bug in GCC. Does Borland really suffer
from the same problems? I see that config.hpp indicates that it does:

// Borland C++ Builder 5, command-line compiler 5.5:
# define BOOST_NO_OPERATORS_IN_NAMESPACE

What a shame! And to think that bug was *added* in v. 5.5!

No, I have no better ideas than the one you've proposed. Let me know how it
works out; I'd like to get borland compatibility to work. I will also try to
address native GCC lib problems as soon as I have an answer from you.

-Dave

P.S. Fortunately, this is one of the few problems MSVC doesn't suffer from.
The inheritance trick you're proposing below wouldn't work for VC because it
gets confused when you inherit from a class of the same name in a different
namespace.