From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-22 05:53:25
From: Beman Dawes
> Additionally, the latest draft of the Compiler Status page is there at
> http://www.boost.org/libs/compiler_status.htm There are currently no
> to that page from the rest of the site to avoid misleading visitors; the
> test results are still highly suspect.
I had a look at the Borland failures.
The problem is in the test program rather than the library.
(Well actually the problem is in the compiler, but...)
The workaround is simple - change runtest from
void runtest(const std::string & type)
void runtest(const char *type)
I believe they should work with the fixes I uploaded previously
and which Jeremy incorporated into operators.zip in the vault.
The problems are a bit deeper. If anyone is interested I've put
a rational.hpp with workarounds in the vault in
I don't know if this will break any other compilers. I did test
it with MSVC 6 and it was still OK, and that was the only one
on Beman's table that had worked previously. Who knows - it might
now work with more.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk