From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-04 16:21:46

Comments:

I would be pleased if the #include files, particularly those in
boost/detail, could have more verbose names. The 8.3 naming
convention should be abolished. Oh, and a common prefix (subdir?)
would be cool, too.

> configure
> make test

Results for gcc 2.95.2 on Linux/x86, (nearly) stock library:

lib/makefile needed hand-fixing because it contained some CR/LF
line-endings, which upset my GNU make 3.77

src/c_regex_traits.cpp fails because re_strlen and re_strcpy are
unknown. They are used there in an anonymous top-level namespace,
but are defined in boost::re_detail. Appropriate explicit
prefixes solve the problem.

src/c_regex_traits.cpp accesses regex_message_catalogue in a
global function, although it is a member of c_traits_base.

I've given up at this point.

Results for gcc 2.95.2 on Linux/x86, Dietmar Kuehl's cxxrt:

C header file wrapping doesn't quite work, so I get some identifier
conflicts. Given up.

Results for gcc 2.95.2 on Linux/x86, STLport 4.0b8:

There seems to be a problem with wide character support in
my glibc 2.1.2. In particular, I haven't found fgetwc
and friends, yet. Given up for now.

Jens Maurer