From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-04 15:22:02

After it was released, usage revealed several bugs in operators.hpp. As the
maintainer I apologize for this situation. The bugs resulted from allowing
the code to get out-of-hand as myriad compiler bug workarounds were applied,
such that it became difficult to see what was actually happening. With the
considerable help of Alexy Gurtovoy and Mark Rodgers we have massively
refactored the existing code and, we hope, carefully addressed the
readability issues. I have uploaded a new version to the files area in
operators.zip. This archive also contains a new operators_test.cpp which
adds a regression test for the bug I found. I have tested the code with
CodeWarrior, MSVC6.3/STLPort4.0b8, and GCC2.95.2/STLPort4.0b8.

I'd like for this code to be released very soon, since it fixes serious bugs
in the existing release, but I also want to make sure it gets properly
reviewed. It would be great if I could count on Alexy, Jeremy, and Mark for
a quick review. **** I would also appreciate it very much if someone NOT
already familar with the implementation of this library would look it over
in detail. ****

Thanks,
Dave