From: Thant Tessman (thant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-18 10:52:46

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Some of us are starting to focus on Czarnecki and Eisenecker's "Generative
> Programming" feature modeling and template metaprogramming techniques as a
> way to provide the desired variability in an accessible form.

Sounds fascinating. Can you recommend any particular reading material?

> So don't feel slighted if we don't get too excited about your particular gc
> smart pointer. The general feature model comes first.

Not at all. I'm grateful for all the feedback I've already received.

> PS: Did you look at Greg Colvin's weak_ptr? Greg, could you upload the
> latest version to the files/vault?

I already have my own. :-) But I'll check them out. I was going to
integrate weak pointers into the circ_ptr implementation, but I tend to
get the internet equivalent of a blank stare whenever I try to explain
them.

-thant