From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-18 11:27:23

Thant Tessman wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Some of us are starting to focus on Czarnecki and Eisenecker's
>"Generative
>> Programming" feature modeling and template metaprogramming techniques
as
>> way to provide the desired variability in an accessible form.
>
>Sounds fascinating. Can you recommend any particular reading material?

There is info about the book at http://www.generative-programming.org

The review I wrote for Amazon said:

"This is a major book, bound to influence the future direction of
programming. The scope is wide; "big picture" discussions, reviews of
existing systems, explicit "how-to-do-it" instructions, and case studies.
Should be read by anyone designing reusable systems, particularly those
with lots of variability. Interesting to intermediate and advanced
programmers and designers. Not of much interest to beginners."

That may have been a bit too broad; the book is of more interest to library
designers that general users. But I would think that someone who writes
smart pointers in their spare time will want to own a copy:-) Beyond that,
I expect anyone who thinks its fun to read the boost email will find it
very interesting.

--Beman