From: Mark Borgerding (mborgerding_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-21 16:21:17

Valentin Bonnard wrote:

> Mark Borgerding wrote:
>
> > Since at least one compilers *is* apparently capable of using a throw() to their
> > benefit
>
> What kind of benefits ? Time ? Space ? Both ?
>
> ``at least one compilers *is* apparently'' is pretty vague.

I was responding in part to a post (last Sunday -- I had to dig) made by Lois
Goldthwaite, who wrote:

        Some of our tests in Hawaii showed that at least one compiler was able to use the

        "throw()" specification to generate more optimized code, not less.

Any questions regarding which compiler and which optimizations should be directed to
Lois.