From: Bill Wade (bill.wade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-24 10:40:40

> From: Thomas Holenstein [mailto:tholenst_at_[hidden]]

> What do you think?

I like it.

> I think compact_vector would be make a good
> addition to the boost library, especially because of the perpetual
> iterators.

A minor nitpick:

Your documentation should probably indicate that compact_vector::swap
(unlike vector::swap) invalidates iterators. Alternatively you could add a
layer of indirection (small constant time and space penalties) and have
swap() preserve iterators.

I don't believe I've ever written code that counted on vector::swap
preserving iterators. I suspect that such code is uncommon.