From: Thomas Holenstein (tholenst_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-23 12:59:29

Hi folks,

some months ago, I announced optvect. I now did some more work with
it. For those who don't remember, optvect (now called compact_vector,
thanks Tim), is an alternative implementation of an STL vector.

I made some performance tests and they are available on my website,
http://www.hex.ch/resizable

As all other information can be found there too, I don't need to write
more here.

What do you think? I think compact_vector would be make a good
addition to the boost library, especially because of the perpetual
iterators.

Anyhow, if it will be added, there is still quite a bit of work
waiting for me (especially searching for bugs).

Thanks for Comments...

Thomas