From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-15 06:40:40

>John, see attached.

Thanks.

>I haven't posted it; I'd like to reduce the stupid warnings to keep the
>size down. If you've got any suggestions for compiler switches or
>whatever, I'd be glad to hear them!

I think that this is going to be hard - I notice that about a third of the
file is taken up by error messages from vc6 - it seems as though there is
no way to limit these.

For Builder 4/5, warning can be suppressed with -w-ddd, where ddd is the
warning number, those that look likely for suppression include:

-w-8026 (exception specs not expanded inline)
-w-8027 (loops not expanded inline)

The following should really be fixed in the source, although as many are
comming from the standard library that may not be viable:

-w-8066 (unreachable code)
-w-8008 (condition always true/false)
-w-8004 (variable never used)
-w-8012 (signed/unsigned comparisons)

I also notice that MWCW is unable to locate header files included with
"header.hpp" if that header is in the same directory as the source file
(the problem is libs\utility\type_traits_tests.hpp which has code common to
several test files), any ideas on the right thing to do here?

- John.