From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-15 11:28:55

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <John_Maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] [cvs] test results log?

> >John, see attached.
>
> Thanks.
>
> >I haven't posted it; I'd like to reduce the stupid warnings to keep the
> >size down. If you've got any suggestions for compiler switches or
> >whatever, I'd be glad to hear them!
>
> I think that this is going to be hard - I notice that about a third of the
> file is taken up by error messages from vc6 - it seems as though there is
> no way to limit these.

Sure there is. Just use the appropriate
#pragma warning(disable : xxx)
lines as neccessary. Also, #pragma warning push/pop can avoid interference
with any warnings desired by clients for their own code. STLport uses the
following list:

#pragma warning( disable : 4786 ) // identifier truncated to 255 characters
#pragma warning( disable : 4244 ) // implicit conversion: possible loss of
data
#pragma warning( disable : 4800 ) // forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false'
(performance warning)
#pragma warning( disable : 4189) // local variable is initialized but not
referenced
#pragma warning( disable : 4100) // unreferenced formal parameter
#pragma warning( disable : 4245) // conversion from 'const int' to 'unsigned
long', signed/unsigned mismatch
#pragma warning( disable : 4660) // template-class specialization
'basic_filebuf<char,class _STLD::char_traits<char> >' is already
instantiated
#pragma warning( disable : 4701) // local variable 'base' may be used
without having been initialized
#pragma warning( disable : 4075) // initializers put in unrecognized
initialization area
#pragma warning( disable : 4673) // throwing class with private base class
#pragma warning( disable : 4670) // throwing class with private base class
#pragma warning( disable : 4018) // signed/unsigned mismatch
#pragma warning( disable : 4505 ) // unreferenced local function has been
removed

> I also notice that MWCW is unable to locate header files included with
> "header.hpp" if that header is in the same directory as the source file
> (the problem is libs\utility\type_traits_tests.hpp which has code common
> several test files), any ideas on the right thing to do here?

This part surprises me a bit. Are you compiling from the command line or
from an IDE project file? Sometimes you need to "remove all objects", close
the project, and reopen it to resolve its idea of where header files should
be searched.

-Dave