From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-22 12:48:52

It's very sad, but that would seriously limit my participation. My employer
demands VC++ compatibility, and with good reason:
1. We need to link with C++ (binary) libs which have been compiled with VC++
and we don't control
2. We need to target platforms which are only supported by VC++

Sad but true.