From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-22 12:53:40

----- Original Message -----
From: <mwa_at_[hidden]>

> Furthermore, MS long-term plans are to achieve full ISO compliance. I
> guess they will reach compliance in about the same time-frame as Borland,
> MetroWerks, GCC et al. The specific route they take to get there may be
> different, however.

This seems HIGHLY unlikely to me. When was the last time VC++ took a step
towards standards compliance? It has been years. In the same time frame,
both Metrowerks and GCC have made numerous releases and/or snapshots
available showing substantial progress. At this rate, Microsoft's compiler
is going nowhere, slowly.

-Dave