From: jbandela_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-08-25 09:45:42

Thanks for your post. As I have been thinking of it, I am agreeing
with you about using iterators. You can find an implementation that
uses iterators in TokenIterator\TokenIteratorUpdate.zip

The new version, is a forward_iterator unless the underlying iterator
is an input_iterator in which case it is also an input_iterator.

In addition, to the advantages you mentioned that were gained from
using iterators. I found another very important one. Using iterators
allows chaining of various parsing iterators. For example, if you
were writing a calculator, you could have the top level iterator
implemented in terms of a lower level iterator that returns strings
and punctuation, thus simplifying the code.

Thanks again for your input. I would be most interested in what you
have to say about the updated version.