From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-27 05:04:24

> Based on John's document, and several other sources I've written up a
> feature diagram for mutexes. I hope I got all the +'s and |'s right :)

http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/tlc/btl/libs/threads/mutex_feature_diagram.htm

One comment. I don't think the blocking policy is a feature of
the mutex; it's a feature of the lock attempt. The *supported*
blocking policies are a feature of the mutex. But if I have a
Win32 critical section, it's up to me whether I choose to
EnterCriticalSection or TryEnterCriticalSection. The critical
section doesn't care.

It seems to me we need a lock feature diagram. This would be
one feature of that. Handling for attempting locks on multiple
objects would be another - (is it supported, if so is it lock
all or lock any).

Mark