From: Thomas Matelich (sosedada_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-29 16:33:35

<whine> I wanna inherit shared_ptr </whine>

Anyway, here's my situation, I'm writing a library for a simple plugin
architecture. Objects can be created from classes in dynamic libraries
dynamically. I want those objects to be shared_ptrs and be able to
construct themselves. I think this qualifies as an isa relationship.
In general, their only purpose is to be used like a shared_ptr.

So, is shared_ptr always going to use private for share and have no
virtual destructor, or is this matter up for discussion?

--
Thomas O Matelich
Senior Software Designer