From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-05 15:25:38

Nicolai Josuttis wrote:

>I can easily insert the fix for private with Borland compilers:
>
>>#ifndef BOOST_NO_PRIVATE_IN_AGGREGATE
>> private:
>>#endif

Yes. I've already made that change + the iterator change in the CVS
Repository. See
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/boost/boost/array.hpp?cvsroot=boost

>However I am not sure about the fix for iteraors:

>Looking into the other MSVC headers and finding an existing constant in
the
>boost config files
>how about this one?:

>#if !defined(BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR)

The root of the reverse_iterator problem isn't with the MSVC library, it is
that the compiler doesn't support partial specialization. Thus other
libraries such as STLport which use that compiler also need the fix
applied. That's why I suggested BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
rather than BOOST_MSVC_STD_ITERATOR.

>Note that on my MSVC version there are 5! iterator arguments while
STLport
>semms
>to provide 4.
>Any thoughts?

Yes, but the last three MSVC and last two STLport arguments have
defaults. That's why I just gave two arguments.

>In addition, I still get errors when I try to compile array1.cpp due to
the
>initialization.
>However, I don't have the actual version (Service Pack 3) installed.
>Does it really work with it?

Yes, the CVS version works with BCC 5.4, 5.5, Metrowerks 5.3, MSVC 6.0 SP3
(Microsoft library) and MSVC 6.0 SP3 (STLport 3.2.1 library).

Thanks,

--Beman