From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-06 14:24:55

> However we may discourage it, though, "using namespace boost" is much
> more likely than "using namespace boost::details". Also, Koenig lookup
> may proceed through names that users touch, though I'm not certain that
> applies here.

People who play with shotguns are liable to get themselves hurt. If
adding a few more pellets to the cartridge increases that likelihood
a little, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Maybe they'll learn
their lesson sooner.

And no, I don't think Koenig lookup comes into play here, so I'm afraid
you haven't convinced me. I think the lesser impact is purely
psychological - boost::detail::<library> *seems* to have a lesser impact
than boost::<library>::detail, but if we assume reasonable behaviour
from our users, this feeling doesn't stand up to closer scrutiny.
In fact, if library writers have already introduced boost::<library> for
other purposes, boost::<library>::detail has a lesser impact.

Mark