From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-20 05:30:58

Dave,

>Sadly, G++ does not admit #pragmas for suppressing warnings; you have to
>find another way. Usually this means turning it off with a command line
>argument, ignoring the warning, or finding some way to change the regular
>C++ code to avoid it. None of these are attractive answers when the
warning
>is incorrect/inappropriate, but the last is the best.

Accepted, however I don't know of another way. If any cunning artificers
out there have one I would be glad to here of it :-)

One possible workaround - does gcc support zero sized base classes at all,
on any platforms? If not then I could just cripple is_empty for the gcc
case (this is seriously unpretty, but may be better than the warning if
empty base classes aren't supported anyway).

- John.