From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-23 09:43:07

John Maddock wrote:

> OK its finally about there, the (hopefully) final regex submission is in
> the cvs repository as the branch "regex-sub", Beman, Dave, Jens, will you
> do your QA thing and check this out?

Ok, I had a quick look:

boost/regex.hpp: The #ifdef __cplusplus seems to be in the wrong
place, so <boost/type_traits.hpp> is included even for C compiles.

boost/regex.hpp has lots of empty lines at the very end of the file.

configuration and compilation worked on Linux/x86.

libs/regex/old_include is still there. :-) It has no place in a
freshly contributed boost library, I think.

I'm fine with making the library available in the main branch.
In general, a library of this size will still have issues which
turn up later.

> Still to do - integrate with the python test suite - Beman can this handle
> (or be extended to handle) multi-file compiles?

This issue should not delay making the regex stuff available in the
main branch.

Jens Maurer