From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-24 09:13:15

Hi,

Recently I've been spending lots of time looking through the boost graph
documentation, which contains numerous references to source and header files
in the library. Of course, we do a similar thing with much of our library
documentation; it's not unusual. The problem is that every time I follow one
of those links it tries to launch my IDE. I could swear that when I was
using a Mac primarily, I had (at least for a while) a setting which would
open these files directly in my browser. Now I'm using IE 5.5 and Win2000
primarily. Does anyone know how to solve this usability problem?

At one point it stopped working for me on my Mac which prompted me to
request that we use Nico's scripts to publish all referenced source files as
HTML pages. I think people didn't like that idea much, because it supposedly
would be too much of a burden on documentors. Beman, I'd be willing to write
some Python scripts to help, if there's no other way.

-Dave