From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-24 12:05:43

John Maddock wrote:
> That broke Borland/Mircosoft and gcc support on Win32!

Oops.

> I've uploaded fixes for these

Thanks.

> for now 64-bit integer support on Win32/gcc is disabled - if anyone
> can see how to fix this I'd appreciate it (it can't preprosess 64-bit
> int's).

Then forget about 64 bit integers on Win32/gcc for now.

> changes:

They didn't break anything on Linux/gcc.

> >I've fixed that where possible, but I think I cannot fix that for
> >literals exceeding the maximum long. Suggestion?
>
> use the INT64_C(value) macro, it will append the correct suffix for you.

I think I'd rather not want all this macro pollution. I'll do
int64_t(lower) | (int64_t(upper) << 32). Since it's only one
or two places in my random number library, that's not too bad.
(The update is in the CVS.)

Jens Maurer