From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-25 06:24:48

>I don't see how you could get into trouble by putting the uppercase names
in
>boost/regex.h, but I don't have a strong position on this.

One other point - I use some of those declarations internally (the error
codes), so they have to be somewhere accessable by all the regex code.

I've been trying to think of a precedent in the standard, and the only one
I can find is the LC_XXX constants - these are required to be macros by
both the C and C++ standards, so I guess maybe macros are the way to go -
it just seems backward somehow, on the other hand "std::LC_ALL" looks a
little wrong as does "boost::REG_ICASE", so maybe they should be
globals....

- John.