From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-25 08:10:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <John_Maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 7:27 AM
Subject: [boost] Browsing to source files

> Dave,
>
> >Now I'm using IE 5.5 and Win2000
> >primarily. Does anyone know how to solve this usability problem?
>
> Just change the MIME type for the relevent files to text/plain from
> "view/folder options/file types" from explorer (not Internet explorer).

Thanks, John, but:

1. On my machine, "Folder Options" lives in the "Tools" menu
2. When I go to the "File Types" tab there's no place to set a MIME type
3. If I change the type to "Text Document", the link behavior doesn't change
4. If I look for MIME in any of the online help that comes with Win2K or IE
5.5 there is no reference.

Any more clues?
Thanks again,
Dave