From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-27 15:21:48

I'm trying to get the next release ready, but CVS (or my lack of knowledge
of it) is getting in the way:

* After an "update", there is a merge conflict on a file. I want to just
accept the file from the repository, and ignore the conflicting changes in
my working directory. How do I do that, using WinCVS? I don't want to
hand edit the conflict markers in my copy of the file and re-commit, I just
want WinCVS to replace the file on my disk with the current main truck file
from the repository.

* After an "update" of all the files in a directory, none of which had
been modified in the working directory, some of them are given a status of
"Mod file" and the icon is changed to bright red. Furthermore, a file is
created with a name in the form .#original.html.1.2 which is the original
contents of original.html. A diff of the two files shows them to be the
same. What has happened and how do I fix it?

Confused again by CVS,

--Beman