From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-09-27 16:47:34

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <beman_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 4:21 PM
Subject: [boost] [CVS} WinCVS questions

> I'm trying to get the next release ready, but CVS (or my lack of knowledge
> of it) is getting in the way:
>
> * After an "update", there is a merge conflict on a file. I want to just
> accept the file from the repository, and ignore the conflicting changes in
> my working directory. How do I do that, using WinCVS? I don't want to
> hand edit the conflict markers in my copy of the file and re-commit, I
just
> want WinCVS to replace the file on my disk with the current main truck
file
> from the repository.

Just delete the file in question from your local directory and update again.
If you want to use the WinCVS UI, select the file and use ctl-Backspace or
Menu: Modify/Erase Selection

> * After an "update" of all the files in a directory, none of which had
> been modified in the working directory, some of them are given a status of
> "Mod file" and the icon is changed to bright red. Furthermore, a file is
> created with a name in the form .#original.html.1.2 which is the original
> contents of original.html. A diff of the two files shows them to be the
> same. What has happened and how do I fix it?

If you had originally retrieved the files on a branch and you didn't select
the "Reset any sticky tag/date/-k options box" (-A commandline option) the
system may have tried to merge the changes together... there's a status
column that tells you a little more about the file. Does it say "result of
merge"?

-Dave