From: Krishna Padmasola (krishna_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-04 01:01:32

Hi Jeremy,

I downloaded boost_all.zip, but it does not have any installation
instructions or makefiles. How does the installation work. Will a plain
copy to /usr/local work? How to make the examples?

I was able to get it all working by compiling the examples individually
on the command line, but I want to know what the standard mechanism used
by boost is.

Since boost is not following the autoconf/automake/make model, how do I
build the examples?

A lot of things related to property accessors seem to have changed; is
there a list of user visible changes in this version compared to the
last version? I also noticed during some compiles that header files from
the pending directory are getting included--is that Ok? What is the
significance of the pending files?

Thanks in advance,
Krishna.