From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-08 01:53:10

> Is this only for "free" minor upgrades? Major upgrades are usually not
> free, so an user may not be able to take advantage of those "upgrade"
> solutions.

Yes, but even so, how long should we support an old version? For
example, should we support VC5? Now that CW6 is out, should we
continue to support CW5.3?

My feeling is that it is reasonable to support both the previous
major version and the current version for a period of about six
months or until the first patch is available, then we can drop the
previous version. So the answers to my questions above are "No" and
"Yes, for maybe up to six months".

I also think we should assume all available patches have been
applied, so we shouldn't be trying to support both BCC5.5 and 5.5.1,
or VC6 with or without SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4. 5.5.1 and SP4 only.

Mark