From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-09 07:55:05

Looking at the .html documentation, it appears to have been a bit scrambled.
Just for example, the "Arithmetic Operators" heading is out-of-place at the
top of the page. In fact, many places I had an internal name reference have
been incorrectly turned into a heading. Also, try not to make arbitrary
changes to formatting and spacing of source code or documentation. The many
"cosmetic changes", especially to the documentation (e.g. changing <h2> to
<h3> everywhere) makes evaluating the changes with even the best automated
diff tools nearly impossible. My diff tools are actually capable of ignoring
whitespace differences (even line wrapping changes), but they are having too
hard a time with your submission.

So, the first order of business, if you want these changes to be accepted,
is to repair the documentation, and to try to keep it an incremental move
away from what's currently in the release library so that the changes can be
easily vetted.

Thanks,
Dave