From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-09 10:35:53

At 07:53 AM 10/7/2000 -0400, John Maddock wrote:

>One thing we really need is a better directory structure, this has come
up
>before, but was never acted on. As the least line of resistance, how
about
>a src/ sub-directory for all the files that need to be built in order to
>use the headers, probably split into sub-directories like libs/ is. That
>would leave libs/ for docs, examples and test programs.

Alternately, a src sub-directory could appear in each library's directory
in libs. But I think your suggestion above is better - it is probably
clearer to someone just looking at the directory tree.

What do others think? Should we add a src sub-directory, containing
sub-directories (with same name as under /libs) for each library which
needs source code compiled before use?

--Beman