From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-09 11:20:46

At 09:34 PM 10/6/2000 +1300, Mark Rodgers wrote:

>In general, I think we should assume all patches are applied to
>any version we support,

Agreed.

> so ideally I'd like also to see Beman using
>SP4 for VC++, and also STLport 4.0.

They are both on my "to do" list, along with upgrading to CW 6.0 (which I
haven't received yet) and adding Comeau (which I just recieved).

>Beman, I also think you could drop BCC 5.4 from the table since
>5.5.1 has fixed the annoying bugs in 5.5, so I don't think there is
>any reason BCB 4 still needs to be used.

Didn't someone request we continue 5.4 support because some Borland RAD
package was still using it?

>We can't really support every combination of versions, and if
>"upgrade" is an applicable answer to a problem, then I think it
>is appropriate.

Agreed. From a practical standpoint, the maintenance work and compile time
just grow too large if we add too many compilers.

The other thing I'd like to see added is testing under the Apple OS, and on
some workstation such as Sun or SGI.

--Beman