From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-11 09:41:37

> I don't think there's a rigid official definition of the concept, but does
> it matter? After all, the function is just used to quickly filter out
> names
> we don't care about.

If that is the case, add one more char test that enforces
"__?__" where "?" must be a non "_" non null character. All
other forms won't match. The point of the complaint was that
you weren't eliminating all of the bogus inputs before doing
your search.

BTW. How come you added an optimization for early elimination, but are
against an optimized search? Either it matters or it doesn't.

  Yours,
 -gary-