From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-11 11:09:44

At 08:48 AM 10/11/2000 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

>Could you be specific about which utility test files need the patch?
>Utility
>is not one monolithic library and I think the tests may be maintained by
>different people.
>
>[Beman, can we stop grouping large libs like operators here? I don't
think
>it makes much sense anymore, if it ever did. I consider regex a
"utility",
>for that matter!]

It is on my do list to unpackage "utility" into separate libraries.

There are two issues, the HTML presentation and the actual directory
structure. It is easy to change the HTML presentation; I'll do that within
a few days along with other 1.18.1 fixes.

Changing the directory structure is messier because of CVS. Does CVS
support some notion of moving files from one directory to another? I'll
try to figure that out, but if any CVS experts know the best way to do
that, please let me know. I guess the plan ought to be announced ahead of
time or it might be pretty confusing to anyone happening to be updating or
committing at the same time files are being moved.

--Beman