From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-10-11 13:59:24

At 01:19 PM 10/11/2000 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

>> I have a lot of trouble understanding how the boost web site could even
>> function without using automated tools. FrontPage (the site
maintenance
>> tool I use internally to maintain the web site) does quite a large
number
>> of things for us automatically that would be impractical by hand.
>
>It seems to me that it could still provide most of those services with
>hand-generated HTML content, or the current operators.htm wouldn't have
>been
>acceptable to you.

Yes, FrontPage seems to work fine with HTML generated by hand or by other
HTML editors. It cleans up anything it thinks is completely broken. It
also shows me broken links, spelling errors, and various other problems
with files from other sources. So I don't have any problem with people
hand generating HTML; it is just that I don't want to have to do that
myself.

--Beman